GFMA and Bloomberg LEI Webinar
GFMA LEI Webinar
6 March 2019, 4:00 – 5:00PM HKT
About this Event
Please join us on 17 October for a complimentary webinar on the Global Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) system, its regulatory and operational benefits, and rapidly-approaching European mandates on LEI use that will have significant impacts on Asian investment firms and counterparties.
This webinar is particularly timely given the 3 January 2018 effective date of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID) II, which requires LEI reporting of all counterparties to trades in European markets. Failure to obtain an LEI will prevent firms from being able to comply, and regulators have been clear that firms without LEIs will not be able to complete trades.
- Overview of the LEI System
- LEI Requirements in MiFID II and Impacts on Asia
- How to Obtain an LEI
- LEI System Benefits for Firms
- Giulia Ferraris, European Securities and Markets Authority
- Pansy Pang, Hong Kong Monetary Authority
- Frances Liu, Bloomberg
- Chris Johnson, HSBC Securities Services
- Moderator: Paul Hadzewycz, Global Financial Markets Association